Thursday, March 19, 2009

Calling You to Enter the 21st Century


I finally got a new cell phone. I owned the Treo 700wx with Windows mobile for years. I liked it and all but there were some problems. For one, I couldn't send pics or video via text message. I couldn't talk on the phone and be on the Internet at the same time. I didn't have a way to permanently record my contacts. With the advent of the Treo Pro all of those issues and more have been corrected.

I dropped the old phone (700wx) in water Sunday after I got back from the liquor store. (I did go to church but ended up drinking with some peeps.) I sprang into action to pull it out of the water quickly, removed the battery, shook out excess water and let it dry out. It started working again Monday morning and held out all the way until I left lunch around 2:20 p.m. Wednesday afternoon. Once it had it's final hurrah, I rushed to the Sprint store to see what I could get and decided on the aforementioned.

It feels good to have a phone with all the neat stuff. Pictures by text message. So common for many, yet never before a reality for me.

You are why I find pleasure in the simple things in life. Truly He is the center of my joy.

2 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

new toys are always fun

JayBee said...

@torrance: i'm enjoying it so much. i'm sending pics to peopole randomly just because i can.