Thursday, March 8, 2007

I Dream Of

Earlier this morning I had a dream. Some friends and I were at a restaurant. From the looks of things conversation seemed to be light and we seemed to be enjoying our time so far. We had a waiter named James. Interesting, right? Well James became upset with us, particularly me at some point because he felt like we wanted too much attention. Words were exchanged and he left. Soon another waiter, a female came over to the table to check on us. She asked me what happened. I explained my side of the story as best I could to her. After listening to me she couldn't understand why James (the waiter) reacted like he did. Before she came to this conclusion, she had a little attitude too. I guess it was because of the loyalty she had for her fellow server. I had to calm her down and get her focused on what I was telling her. After I did, like I said earlier, she couldn't understand James' reaction. I asked her where he was because I wanted to smooth things out before I left. I couldn't find him and the dream ended. The realism is that this whole situation is probably a metaphor for something else. I wonder what. Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Cadence said...

My initial thought (since you and the waiter have the same name) is that you are not forgiving yourself for something that you have done...not willing to let go of it and move on. Or, maybe it's not what is so plainly on the surface. Maybe you have/had a relationship where someone believed that they were catering to you, but you found that it was still not enough. I wonder what you explained to the waitress that made her understand your side of the story? Or, maybe she just took your side of the story because it was your dream, and things tend to go your way in dreams (i.e. she was on your side). Think about it. Let that marinate.