Saturday, January 17, 2009

Who Let the Air Out?

Whoop whoop whoop whoop. Do you remember the song to which I am alluding? It was kinda catchy after a while even if you aren't into that sort of music. Anyway, I've been away for a while just living life and doing me. Nothing really serious but I was cultivating me so that I can be the best JayBee possible. I had to identify some goals and benchmarks to chart my progress toward what I wish to have and be. Not gonna go into detail about it in this post, but that information is more likely than not forthcoming.

So, as we are all critically aware, it is the weekend prior to arguably the most significant political event in the last forty years. I was giddy the first time I heard someone say, "Happy Inauguration Weekend." In the past I don't remember anyone referring to this time as Inauguration Weekend. To begin celebrating the festivities many people are partying all weekend. How marrying the union of the African American experience and the American experience equates to drunken revelry is beyond me, but whatever. I like a lil party e'er' now and again myself.

In true JayBee fashion, there was in fact another celebrity sighting last night at Love. That's right folks. You guessed it. JayBee was all up and through there! Love is a popular club in DC. Lots of people. Tigger showed up and Jay Z took the stage as well. Jay Z (not Bee) didn't do much more than bob his head and drink from a flute, but he had his face in the place. More beautiful and shapely women than you can count and most people appeared to be having a good time. I smirk every time I see someone on the dance floor moving through the throng carrying a bottle of Moet or some other pricey libations. Before you even start, I ain't hatin' on nobody. I could purchase a bottle of Mo' but I know better. First of all, I don't even like champagne that much and even if I did, I just am not in a position to indiscriminately make ridiculous purchases. We all know that holding that bottle of Moet is supposed to send a message about your status. I'm gon shut it down with two questions for all the people I saw last night toting the bottles and bouncing and snaking through the crowd. By the way, of course they always hold it so as to draw some attention. I can't really describe it, but if you've been to a party and witnessed this you know what I'm talking about. Ready for the questions? Good. Here goes: What's your credit score and who's your primary care physician? If you aren't in at least the 700s for the first one and are not able to state the name and location of the second you have no business holding a bottle of anything. Unless it's a bottle of common sense.

I just needed to get that out. That's not the point of this entry.

So before I went in the party I was arguing with this crackhead guy who was doing parking. I told him I was not paying $5.00 to park on a city street. In my mind (Ieisha, you should be able to clear this up) he can't charge money to park on a city street. After I refused to pay the fee and parked anyway because it's a public street, he tried to sell me a card for $5.00 to get in the cut line. I told him that I didn't need it because I know someone who works there so I don't wait in line anyway. Once we left the club around 3:15ish and walked back to the car I noticed that my right back tire was flat. Mind you my tires are less than 1 year old and have plenty of tread on them. I don't think I ran over anything. My supposition is that ole crackhead with the stolen orange vest punctured my tire. Imagine my dismay when I walked out and it was nine degrees and 3:24 by the time we got to the car.

I'm back. I gotta share what happened at Christmas when I went back to Georgia. I hope every one's holidays went well and that people are at least doing something to mark the day for the inauguration.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right...brotha can't charge you to park on a public street if the city isn't charging to park there.

He was really tryin' to get his hustle on!!! Mad he had to get revenge by killing your tire. Nothing good will come to him. I believe in karma.

As for your 2 questions to those who fancy the Moet...GREAT questions. Hell, find me one person who can answer those to correctly. Now THAT will be history!

Ladynay said...

I don't club so I've never seen the bottle toters first hand, but if I ever witness it I'll have to break out your questions! HAHAHAHAHA!

Did you go out there and stand miles away from Mr. 44 to hear his voice and to say you were there? LOL!

There are so many stars in the metro right now there was no need for Jay to perform.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

i love being a part of history - lmao at the crackhead

Chris said...

LOL@Crackhead...yeah, he was definitely trying to get over.

RunGirl. said...

Thats how they do in DC. The crackheads, that is. If you dont give them what they want, they slash your tires.

Welcome back ...

Newy said...

lmao you should gave up the 5 LMAO you were jacking up his hustle....OMG why am I dying at the thought of you shivering looking down at your tire doing a scooby-doo impersonation of "ur-huh"

cadence said...

welcome back.

hope all is well. i feel you on taking time to "get it together". very important.

Anonymous said...

Missed you!!

SMH @ that crackhead... thats not even cool! lol

Knowledge said...

-A plague on your house for reminding me of that song!
-You know Black will use anything as a reason to party. So Black president means we party for the next 4 years, or at least until he starts fucking up!
-I don't get the whole buying a bottle in the club thing, cuz the prices are so jacked up. I just can't get over the "money could be better spent" angle. Let alone cats showing out at the club and walking back to a small dirty apartment cuz they aint got no credit lol.
-lmao @ the crackhead. They do that here in Philly too, tried to get me one time and I just parked someplace else. Had a feeling the crackhead would do my car in if I didn't pay.

JayBee said...

@ieisha: i didn't think so. if i catch him in the streets, i'll probably be seeking advice from you on affray and disorderly conduct.

@ladynay: actually, i didn't know he was gonna be there. what's the significance of 44? maybe i need to brush up on my pop culture jay z trivia.

@torrance: being a part of history was the best part. as far as the crackhead goes if i catch him in the streets...

@chris: his behavior was reprehensible. unacceptable.

@rungirl: i'm not feelin' how they do.

@newy: i was distraught when i saw that tire. it was too cold to be out there playing games.

@cadence: i think i just about got it together. btw, i messed up my phone so e-mail me your contact info.

@glo: i missed you too! yeah...the crackhead sucks.

@knowledge: i take it that you didn't fancy that particular song. i should've parked elsewhere too. i can be stubborn at times.