Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Strangers in the Night

I swear to you what you are about to read is the absolute realism.

One summer when we still lived in Little Town, USA, my cousin Tiffiany came to stay with us for about a week. She was closer to my older sister's age, but all of us including my brothers and I hung out and played together. She and my sister would play with Barbies a lot of the time and when all five of us would get together we'd watch movies, play cards or checkers or something like that. I can even remember us playing with jax. (Save all your comments/jokes).

We so enjoyed being around each other that we even all slept together. No, silly, not in the same bed. We'd be hard pressed to fit five people in one bed comfortably. Instead we would make a pallet on the floor with blankets and sheets and all fall asleep watching t.v. late into the night. The pallet would go in the den. The den opened to the other bedrooms and the dining room and kitchen area. The front door was in the den, but we mainly used the side door in the kitchen. At some point, presumably, my mom or him* would get up and turn the television off. I can't remember seeing them do that, but when we'd awake the next morning, it would always be off. You can imagine the five of us up talking, laughing, joking and watching t.v. I'm sure my mom or him* just waited until they heard the murmuring die down and then just came and shut the t.v. off.

This particular night we actually weren't really asleep. None of us were talking, but none of us were yet asleep. We saw two small figures--almost elf-like walk behind us from down the hallway, lift the covers off our feet, pause for a moment (that seemed like an eternity to us because we were frozen in fear), release the covers and then walk out the kitchen door. Before you think I was imagining things, let me hasten to say this event definitely took place. If I was imagining things, then so was my cousin and three siblings. Each of us can attest to what we saw. When we told mom and him* they were dismissive. That experience prepared me for the decision that was rendered in the Rodney King trial. It doesn't matter how many witnesses there are or if there is undeniable proof, sometimes the evidence will still be dismissed.

I know about the power of suggestion. It would be different if I claimed to have seen something and no one else was awake and then they attested to seeing it as well, after I had placed the thought in their heads. After hearing it constantly, they might subconsciously wish that they had the same experience so as to belong and then feel strongly that they had participated in the same sequence of events.

That moment after the creatures exited the door, there was an eerie silence for a little while and then one of us broke the silence with a question like, "Did ya'll see that." Almost in concert each of us indicated that we in fact saw the small creatures. What was so unreal is that if we were imagining things, I don't think we would have felt the sensation of the covers being lifted and the cold air that seeped under the covers as a result of them having been lifted clean off our feet.

Here are my questions to you. Do you have a weird experience with the unexplained? Do you have another explanation for what my cousin, siblings and I will swear to in court under penalty of perjury to have witnessed?

I mentioned before that I have a mild case of e.s.p. I'm only half serious but I definitely have deja vu experiences frequently and have dreamed things that took place subsequent to the dream.

22 comments:

Sheletha said...

so did these elves make your shoes for school????

did they leave cookies???

were they checking if you were being bad or good, so be good for goodness sakes??

CTFU!!!

Rich Fitzgerald said...

bwahahahaah @ sheletha. That comment was funny as heck.

Never had anything like that happen to me, but a part of me believes it happens, I just have never been able to see into the "spirit" realm.

Oh, and the way you refer to your dad/stepdad (not sure which just yet) as *him is so effing hilarious.

RealHustla said...

That was crazy. Why wouldn't you and your cousins demand further investigation? Why would your parents shrug something like this off? These two question make me question truth of your story.

When my son was like 4 he came to me with this very cool action figure in his hands. He claimed that the action figure spoke to him in a strange voice. When I suggested that he throw it away because we don't accept toys that speak but aren't supposed to in our house, he complied with out an argument. This was strange, and it never happened again as far as I know.

JayBee said...

@sheletha: i'm really not making this up. what does ctfu mean?

@rich:they say he's my biological, but in absentia of a blood test, i can't be for certain.

@realhustla: they probably just thought it was some crap that we cooked up. i can understand you questioning the validity of the story. if it had not happened to me personally, i probably wouldn't believe it either because i'm a natural skeptic.

Mizrepresent said...

You know what, my brother used to tell us all the time about the little man in the closet...and he was serious. I have always seen strange things, but i also have a great imagination, and sorry no witnesses, but i believe you...

Ladynay said...

Ummmm I know you being for real and all but I can help but laugh at this here!

I've never had anything like that happen to me in the real world.

Newy said...

i have had something similiar happen and when I told the wrong person *shrug* they (military) thought I should be medicated. I know now to keep that kinda stuff to myself.

Http://mznewagenda.blog-city.com

Newy said...

o and ctfu means cracking the F%$# up

Tabu said...

Wow, seems children often have enounters, and I can't say I don't believe them.

I do get vibes, I have never seen anything living, but the vibes about people and happenings are erie enough.

Anonymous said...

I would have fainted and died at that very moment. Ya'll are way calmer than me. I believe you, I've never had anything remotely close happen to me, but thats probably because God knows I'd faint and kill myself.

I don't have any explaniation of why this situation took place but boy did it scare me to read about it. LOL...

RunGirl. said...

I love this story. For the record, I beleive you ... Weird things like this happened to me and my brother all the time. We are twins so no one would beleive us. They would always think that we were making it up. When we were babies -before we could crawl or walk - my mom used to put us to bed in separate cribs next to each other. She'd leave a little space for her to walk between us.
More than a few mornings when she would come to check on us, she found us in the same crib. Now we were waaay to young to crawl, walk, talk or any of that. but somehow we'd end up in the same crib. She could never explain it. I guess its a twin thing ...

Jazzy said...

Now you should know everyone would have jokes James!!

Were you guys smoking wacky tobacky????

Maybe the elves were turning the TV off for you guys too!

LOL

I honestly don't even know what to say. My cousins are wild. Those elves wouldn't have had a chance...one of us would have chased home boy/girl down and cornered 'em.

Jess Living said...

My grandmother used to tell me she was able to see dead people and when her cousin passed he put a stop to it. I get the esp thing too I often can sense when someone is going to call and seconds later the phone rings. I am to afraid to encounter a spirit. Also this Jehovah's witness lady told me a story of when she was younger,how she and her family would run around their house for fun and since it was elevated you could see underneath. Well her family went inside and she was still running after what she thought was her cousin. Turns out every one had filed in a while ago. I believe children are more so sensitive to this because they are still innocent and seemingly non threatining souls.

JayBee said...

@miz: did you believe your brother when he was saying that stuff back then?

@ladynay:is it a you-gotta-be-freakin-kidding-me laugh?

@newy: thanks for stopping by. if i hadn't experienced it myself, i wouldn't have believed it either. dang, but medicated? thanks for letting me know...not always hip to the blog/text messaging acronyms/codes.

@tabu: vibes like a feeling that something is gonna happen? and does your vibe usually precede the event?

@gotta: we weren't scared because it was all of us together. if i was by myself and it happened, i might have been afraid.

@run:i have never heard anything like the moving twins thing, but i believe it. your mom wasn't concerned about it? i would have stayed up a couple of nights just to see if i saw anything weird.

@diva: we were like 7-14 years old. i think the t.v. thing was the folks saving on their energy bill.

@jess: that was creepy. stories of the paranormal are disturbing. but i'd believe it.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

not in the same bed - lol, man i have too many to recant thats why i call them fiction

Tabu said...

Exactly Jaybee. That is exactly what I meant. Yes it usually proceeds the event.

I also get vibes about people, I call them gut instincts and usually they are dead on.

sprezatura said...

don't know how i got here, but thats really eerie,iv seen something worse and i was with five other friends of cos no one believes what we saw, claiming we were high, i still can smell the creature

Mizrepresent said...

Yep, i did. because i had seen so much crazy stuff...i thought i was wacko, to hear my big bruh say that...i was like...you too!

Don said...

i can testify to some dreams i had in '04 which later came true. they were scary. i only told a few people about it. one person i told the morning of the dream so she knew i wasn't lying. this has happened on three different occasions.

there was also a time when i was about 5 or 6 years old living in milwaukee. i woke up in the middle of the night and saw a "clear white old man" standing over me. @ the time i didn't know it was a ghost, cause i thought ghost looked like they do in cartoons.

i wasn't afraid or anything, just ummm puzzled. i remember closing my eyes hoping he didn't see me, and opening my eyes to see him still standing there.

of course i told my aunt about it the next day, and she told me to shut up.

JayBee said...

@torrance: that's how we did in the country. even when my grandma was still alive we'd put at least four of us in her bed.

@tabu: when i need some direction i'ma look you up.

@aaron: thanks for stopping by. hope you enjoy your stay. nothing but the truth. if it's a lie, then all five of us are tellin' it.

@wole: i believe you. i'm glad you stopped by. get comfortable and make sure your return.

@miz: if you had told someone that you had seen stuff they would have put you in the same category with your brother. did your brother tell any adults about what he saw?

@don: if wonder if she just didn't believe you or if she believed you and was afraid because she couldn't explain what you saw. tell us about your prophetic word. maybe you can post that.

Don said...

the first time it came true, only i knew. i tried to tell someone but they never believed me. so the next time i made sure i told someone - my woman.

she looked @ me without saying it, but i knew she was thinking i was crazy.

until that came true. she was stunned. the next time i had a "crazy dream," it came true. then people were like..."taking me serious then." i haven't had any since '04. jaybee, if i posted about it, dude, you would think i was trippin'. LOL.

JayBee said...

@don: nah...it'd take a lot for me to think you were tripping. try me.