Friday, August 1, 2008

I Made It

I made it to the D.C. area. I left today at about 12:00 noon and arrived around six. The traffic was to blame for that. I rented a U-Haul and a car trailer and put Jackie on the back and set sail. I did have a bump in the road. I hit a lady when I was about 25 miles from D.C. I wasn't paying attention and was trying to transact business on the cellie. She was gracious as was I. She was serious though like she gets in accidents all the time. She wanted a picture of my license and of course pictures of the damage. I told her I would get her my insurance information. I called my insurance company just to check to make sure that I would be covered. They said when based on the policy that I have if I rent a U-Haul I have liability coverage. I believe that means that the insurance company will cover damage to other vehicles for me. If anyone can verify this, that would be great.

I'm gonna try to catch some sleep. I checked my e-mail a little while ago and discovered that I would have to attend a meeting tomorrow (Saturday) at 10:00 a.m. Good thing I checked my e-mail. I need stuff to be more organized.

I'm not even 100% sure if my mother knows that I am already in the urrea (as Chris would say). I have been calling her cell and she hasn't answered or returned my calls. She's probably just busy. I'll try her tomorrow to let her know that I'm here. On second thought, I'll try her right now at 11:26 p.m. ring...ring....ring...ring....she picked up. Call disconnected at 11:28 p.m. I told her I'm here and that I'd call her tomorrow. She sounded really tired. I wonder how much longer....

This is so disjointed because I'm tired. I'll move in tomorrow after my meeting. Largo, Maryland is where I'll reside.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on making it! Sounds like you've got an adventure ahead of you.

Take advantage of the city and live it up!

Jazzy said...

wow...you have arrived.

meetings on Sat @ 10am.??? side eye*

hopefully you're insurance WILL cover and there are no issues.

Congrats and good luck!

mint julep said...

yaay glad you made it. so you drove it by yourself eh? good job. not so good on the hitting of other people's cars but at least the lady was reasonable.

MP said...

congrats on the big move. Hope all is going well!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

i know u are happy good deal folk

Don said...

Good luck on your move and new city. Good luck on your career move. You appear to an outstanding person, the kind of person who deserves when good things occur within one's life.

They said when based on the policy that I have if I rent a U-Haul I have liability coverage. I believe that means that the insurance company will cover damage to other vehicles for me. Yep.

Mizrepresent said...

Best of luck to you Jaybee...but for some reason...i know you will be fine!

Chris said...

Shameful that I've never been to PG for more than two seconds since I moved to Southern MD, but Largo is nice from what I hear, and of course there's the city itself.

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it there safely! Wish I could help you on the insurance thing... but I do believe your assumption is right!

JayBee said...

@ieisha: thanks. i'm gonna try my best to do it big.

@diva: why the side eye? i hope so too. i got a phone call today but i didn't get to speak with the lady.

@mint julep: all by my lonesome. she had no choice. what's my muthaf@ckin' name?

@mp: so far it's aight. thanks.

@torrance: i'm in good spirits.

@don: i need you to pass that message to the power that be and the universe. yippe--no out of pocket expenses for me (besides an increased premium, but i think it'll be okay cause i'm switching to maryland insurance anyway).

@miz: thanks for the vote of confidence. we'll see how things pan out.

@chris: you've got to get out more. maryland isn't even a big state.

@gotta: i made it in one piece with a bent bumper. i guess that's relatively safe. at least i'm good.

cherry's kid said...

JB - You're closer now!!!! YAY!!! Yeah that means the insurance will cover!!!! Oh now I will see if I could throw that Blogger Party you want now!!!! Saturday meeting? Does the school need a SW? I just got my state license!!!!

One Man’s Opinion said...

Congrats. I'm coming up for a visit. Sorry about the accident, but I am hoping that will be the ony negative thing you have to encounter. Live free and die hard. Whatever the heck that means.

JayBee said...

@cherry: yeah i'ma have to slide up to jersey and check you out. get the party together!

@one_man: fly to regan. don't play games, one_man. i'm definitely comin' to dallas for my ride along and bar raid.

Newy said...

glad you made it! I assume you will be working near Largo...I went to high school up ther PG County in da house (Friendly) :)

Domo El Mono Loco said...

LARGO AINT DC FOOL. U GONNA LIVE IN THIS URREA GET IT RIGHT!!! Which school district are u really working with? P.S> Virginians cant drive so avoid them like the plague or be ready to react at a moments notice in their presence.

JayBee said...

@cherry: let's get this party started right! oops, i don't remember the rest of the lyrics. congrats on the state license. don't be surprised if i slide up to jersey. we're actually 98% staffed.

@one_man: come on. when i come to dallas i expect a ride along complete with a bar raid.

Unknown said...

welcome to the dmv.

Ladynay said...

Congrats again!

JayBee said...

@domo: 1st paragraph: I made it to the DC area. Last paragraph: Largo, Maryland is where I'll reside. I think Largo is in the DC area and as a consequence am going to classify your comment as invalid. I'm being very gentle with my reponse. Don't come for it domo. I'm working for DCPS. Thanks for the tip 'bout the Virginians. Now ev'ry time I see a VA tag I'm a little more vigilant. I think I'm going to need a tour guide. Let me know what's up.

JayBee said...

blogger has been acting strange lately. sometimes comments don't appear until days later. i responded to the same comments twice because the comment didn't show up. anyway
@newy:gonna work in dc. liking largo so far.

@1980: fa sho..enjoying everything so far. it's actually no different from being at home with the exception of the metro and having to drive to get to a decent mall.

@ladynay: 'preciate ya!

One Man’s Opinion said...

I know you have a lot going on, in your new spot, especially with school right around the corner, but I need an update, bruh.

Bombchell said...

good gosh ((hugs)) hopes it gets better as the semester goes on.

tsk tsk tsk it amazes me what some people think Georgia looks like, and they're surprised when they get here.

Then again people are clueless about Nigeria, and think we have animals etc roaming around, no cars etc. I'm like dude, I flew here on a plane!!