Friday, February 16, 2007

*Singing* Love...so many things I've got to tell you...

I was in awe. Although I noticed her physical attributes, what set me on fire was when her lips parted and she spoke. Good enunciation. Good pronunciation. Appropriate tone. Right pitch. Eloquent. She was reading the announcements in church. If you've ever been to a black church, then this part of the service can vary from 2 minutes to ten minutes after they announce the upcoming special services, remind congregants about the recurring services like Bible study, prayer meeting etc., and tell who was recently hospitalized or funeralized. The whole time she spoke I was amazed. I knew I had to meet her. I was in love, or at least I thought it was love. I had to know who she was.


I finally mustered up the courage to say something to her. Things didn't quite progress the way I had hoped, but life goes on. I still got love for ya.

*singing* I bet you think this post is about you don't you don't you don't you?

The realism is, it is.

No comments: