Monday, April 21, 2008

Tag - You're It

I'm a tag virgin, but Pocahontas tagged me. Since her hair is so luxurious right now, I had no choice but to oblige.

Here are the rules:

1. Link the person who tagged you…

2. Mention the rules in your blog…

3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours

4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them

5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.

Here are some unspectacular quirks about JayBee:

1. One of my pet peeves is hearing people mispronounce words. If you want to raise my ire just say aks instead of ask. If you committed this cardinal sin of mispronunciation, someone I used to know would say, “If you aks me I’ll die, but if you ask me I can answer.”

2. I’m allergic to shellfish. I’ve never been able to successfully ingest anything with a shell on it. When I’ve attempted in the past I gag horrendously and my throat sometimes swells.

3. I do not like excessive amounts of noise. The only exception is when I’m hanging out. Sometimes even then I think the noise level inside clubs and bars is too much. In the classroom any noise other than the calming sound of my voice is not welcome. That includes, but is not limited to, talking, tapping, beating, sniffling, coughing, laughing, etc.

4. I’ve only been in love twice. You know they say the third time’s a charm. Maybe the next time it happens I’ll be crowning the future Mrs. JayBee. That is of course if everything checks out (including the credit score).

5. I’m a mild control freak. I don’t like for other people to drive because I think I do it better, plus I trust myself more than you. I don’t like to be absent too much from work because I don’t trust anyone else to do my job as well as I. I pretty much like people to agree with me even if they don’t agree. I reward people when they do just as I’d like them to.

6. When I go to funerals I give “awards” for most dramatic presentation. No, I don’t relish in peoples’ grief. I just like to be entertained. I like the you-ain’t-dead-daddy-take-me-with-you type performances. At my grandmother’s funeral no one really ‘showed out’ as we like to call it. If I had the day to relive, it would be acting a monkey fool at the funeral. I’m so serious. At the recessional when the funeral was over I did start to grab at the casket when it rolled by just to set it off. I didn’t do it. I wish I had.

So there ya have it. Some uninteresting quirks about me. I’m tagging:

Chris, The girl that I never had, [Pop That]Cherry, This Crazy Monkey, Da Vinci, and M.E. – maybe she’ll post something now

22 comments:

Jameil said...

you're insane! mispronounciation is the worst. my brother's allergic to shellfish but eats it anyway. it's ridiculous. outrageous for the funerals!!!!!

Tabu said...

Interesting, I too am alergic to shellfish--Most fish actually and nuts.

Smh @ mispronounciation and the funeral stuff.

Unknown said...

"I do not like excessive amounts of noise."

agreed. a kid in my class kept fiddling with an empty bag of potato chips today and snatched it out of his hand! it's annoying!!

JayBee said...

@jameil: i've never been diagnosed, but i tend to agree. funerals are only memorable if you have one of those "Did you see what so and so did at the funeral" type stories.

@tabu: i just recoil when people butcher words. you can't tell me that you've never laughed at a funeral (or later) when you thought about some of the antics you saw.

@1980: agressive. he didn't say anything to you? if you had already told him to stop then he had it coming.

Anonymous said...

I love these damn tag posts... I'm blog hopping like crazy to read everyone's quirks today. Yours are funny, excessive noise gets me too.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Don said...

i used to think i was crazy, cause i definitely do not feel comfortable riding in the car with someone. that is probably when i am most out my element.

i too do the funeral thing. but it's after a few days or so. if the person who died is close to me i keep quiet and mourn.

JayBee said...

@gotta:thanks for stopping by. maybe i'll search the archives of your spot to find out some of your quirks.

@don: things just look differently from the passenger side. even if the person is close, i still do it.

Domo El Mono Loco said...

JayBee

It was more like an "ugh" AND a rolling of the eyes; fear not, ur blog is interesting so I wont shun you yet! Like Grizzly Bears, you are now On Notice!!!!

I love that ur "subtle" references are never that subtle, could that be a quirk maybe?!?!

As an opinionated person I can tell one from a mile away, but no worries it comes with the territory of being both educated and uneducated, good thing you fall on the positive end of that spectrum.

With so many beautiful female readers to ur blog it cant be hard to be tempted.

CHA CHA said...

LMFBAO. Since her hair is so luxurious right now, I had no choice but to oblige.

YOU ARE A MESS JAYBEE....LOVES YA!!


You are silly about the funeral piece that is hee larious..only our people though

I too need complete silence, especially when Im sleeping

I hope you find Mrs JayBee...REGARDLESS OF HER CREDIT SCORE...dont be like that!..she might have good credit in other places ::wink::

JayBee said...

@domo: i always feel like if i don't kinda point it out some people might not catch it. could be a quirk.

@still:everytime i hear the word luxurious it makes me think about katt williams. i was being facetious about the credit score, but it is important.

swag_ambassador said...

I feel you on the pronounciations bruh.. I cant stand that. I mean some things really do sound how they look LOL.

Brittany said...

I tagged you but you already did one! oh well.
I like being in control as well.
Also I love to hear that you check out a women's credit score. That's important.

JayBee said...

@swag: i really get an attitude about it but i try to not show it so much. don't want people to think i have a superiority complex.

@brittany: up high down low too slow. gotta be faster, britt. so you like being in control...nothing wrong with that as long as you know what you're doing. typically people who like to be in control have the better ideas anyway.

The Jaded NYer said...

LOL @ the pronounciation thing... I loathe bad spelling in IMs or texts... YOU ARE is YOU'RE, not YOUR!!!!!

One Man’s Opinion said...

5 and 6 are me to a "t". Stop copying me, son.

Anonymous said...

I'm horrified to ride with most people... especially my daughter.
I've been to some funerals and seen some Oscar winning performances.

JayBee said...

@jaded: that gets on my nerves too. don't get me on their, there, and they're.

@one_man: we're like brothas from anotha mother. but yeah i really get a kick out of people funeral antics. he larious. no feedback from your query letters? if you can't find another scanner u might have to snail mail everbody a copy.

@catscratch:*pulls out a chair* have a seat and get comfortable. so glad to see you roll through these parts. the most outlandish performance to date still goes to my cousin in south florida back in 1998.

Tweetybird said...

Just laughing at you and this list!!

*And all i can say is i am soooo guilty of saying "axe" instead of "ask". yikes and Yes i am correcting myself!!

* Love has only happened for me 2 times as well.

* I don't do funerals.REPEAT-- I don't do funerals. But i was forced to go to one when my brother's 1\2 sister was murdered last year and cried so much i went home and slept for 6 hrs. reason # everything why i don't do funerals.

JayBee said...

@tweety: thanks for stopping by. i'll be sure to check you out at your spot.

RunGirl. said...

lol @ number 6. I thought I was the only one who did that. I also give an award for:

a. Most outrageous hat by a female over 50
b. The "oh no she didn't wear that dress to a funeral" award

JayBee said...

@rungirl: not the extended awards. you got enough for a show.